Monday, January 24, 2011

Single White Female

Hi, my name is Marsha. I'm 26 years old, no children, never married and content!!! There isn't a week that goes by that people don't act surprised by my 'status.' Don't get me wrong the idea of marriage sounds fabulous, but is it the end of the world if it doesn't happen for me? Absolutely not! What's wrong with my age? I don't have to be married by a certain age and then start having children right after. I'd much rather wait on the man that God has in store for me. Besides, who says marriage is even in my future?

EVERY....and I mean every time I speak to my precious grandmother, she likes to remind me of my age and that I'm not getting any younger. Asking me, "Don't you want to get married?" It also gets suggested that they'd love more great-grandchildren...OY!

Of course I get lonely sometimes, but wouldn't it be much lonelier being married to the wrong person? Periods of loneliness can define us by the way we react to them. Do we whine and gripe to our friends about our life or do we draw even closer to God? Being single is a very special time in your life! It's when you get to spend your time the way you want to. Spending your money where you want to without needing to consult your spouse. It's when I get to watch whatever shows I want on tv. It's when you get to have all the blankets to yourself at night! It's when you get to have control of the remote!!!!

I see so often girls my age just freaking out that they haven't met, "the one," or that they aren't even dating anyone. I think we need to learn to be happy with whatever circumstances God has given us. Nothing escapes His attention. He's aware of every single emotion we have on a daily and even hourly basis. Every time I "freak out" about whatever circumstances may be getting to me at the moment, I can always picture God calmly reassuring me, "I've got this!" Because He does! I've given Him my entire life, I know it's in His hands...so why stress?! That would be doubting God!

I don't really know what the point of this blog is. Just something that's been on my mind and now I feel better by getting it out of my system.

1 comment:

  1. I am posting the link to this on my blog! Makes me happy:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you think of my blog, I love comments!! Hope you have a blessed day!