Wednesday, May 4, 2011

RanDUMB Moments

Although most people know that I am the queen of finding good deals, back when I first became a Christian, I had a very well paying job and LOVED splurging on myself. Price was usually an afterthought. Crazy, huh? I'm glad that my attitude about money has been transformed! Thank you, LORD!

I had a super cute pair of shoes made by a fancy designer. The name of which is not important. Possibly because I'm ashamed of the ridiculous price tag these shoes had. I also had an adorable pair of pink heels from Target. Under $30 -holla!!

This story is already getting randumb, huh? Well, that was a little information you needed before I could share with you the actual story.

One Sunday I woke up in a frenzy. I slept in. LATE. I don't do late. I HATE being late, especially for church! I jumped out of bed and sped through my morning routine. I slapped on my make up. Arranged my hair in some sort of quick up-do. Got dressed into the first outfit I saw in my closet. Hopped into my shoes. Swung my purse over my shoulder, snatched up my Bible and flew out the door.   { I'm sure I brushed my teeth somewhere in there. :/ }

By some miracle I managed to catch all green lights on the way to church. Whew! I pulled up to the church at 9:59 a.m. BAM! I'd be taking my seat juuust in time for the start of worship service. I opened my car door and swung my leg out to climb out of my car...Ohhhhhmigoodness!!! I'm wearing two different shoes!!!! How did this happen?! It's not like it was two black shoes that looked similar. No. This was a cute, expensive, sleek black pump that cost a small fortune and a cheap, hot pink peep-toe shoe! Whaaaa? The only similarity between them wehre that the heels were the same height.

I was so amused with myself. I thought it was hilarious! But then I got to thinking, I've only known these people for a month or two....what will they think? You know how us women get. Whatever. I just shrugged it off, pulled my shoulders back, held my head high and marched into that church like nothing was wrong.

I think was the first glimpse everyone got of the real me. It was funny, and I got ribbed about it for a few months, but it was all in good fun.


What got to me was this one question: How could I not feel the difference between a $27 pair of shoes from target and a high end pair of heels?!

Things that make ya go hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing what you think of my blog, I love comments!! Hope you have a blessed day!